|OLDS JUNIOR CURLING CLUB
FOR 8 TO 18 YEAR OLDS
Our Junior Curling program is open to curlers from the ages of 8 to 18. Our program runs in conjunction with the Olds High School Spartans program.
The program runs on Wednesdays from 4 - 5:30 pm. Please try to be at the rink by 3:30 pm. We will have around 15 minutes for you to have a snack and get ready and we'll start doing warmups at 3:45 pm. During this time, your instructor will give you information on what you will be doing for the day.
Please call or text Heather at 403-391-1726 if you will not be at a session.
All curlers will need the following gear:
- Clean, non-slip shoes, preferably with a flat sole (like deck shoes or board shoes). You must have these each afternoon or you will not be allowed on the ice. You cannot wear the shoes you wear to the rink on the ice.
- Pants that you can stretch out in but preferably ones that won't shed a lot on the ice (polar fleece is not a good choice).
- A jacket or sweatshirt that is warm but not overly bulky.
- Gloves or mitts, again not fleece. Baseball gloves work great or leather or cotton gardening gloves or ski mitts or gloves, anything like that.
- Young curlers may want to wear a helmet until they are steady on the ice. This is recommended but not required.
- For our COVID-19 Protocols, we will not be lending equipment. A limited number of brooms will be available for curlers to sign out for the season. Curlers should bring their own equipment each week.
- We do not teach sweeping with a slider on. If you have curling shoes with an attached slider, you will need a gripper to wear when you are not delivering.
ROCKS & RINGS
There will be no Rocks and Rings program in the 2020/21 season.
For Curlers between 8 and 18 years.
Wednesdays from 4 - 5:30 pm.
Questions? Contact either:
Heather Budd at 403-391-1726
Colin Mueller at 403-588-7272
Lexi Jardine throws a rock during a junior curling bonspiel at the Olds Curling Club. March 2019
Photo credit: Noel West/MVP Staff